Welcome to the Hokianga Big Game and Sport Fishing Club website.
* The Marlin Hunt Prizegiving followed the Kids day. Again this was at the Copthorne who yet again provided awesome meals and drinks. Every contestant present had many chances to win big on the night. Our Club Patron's name was drawn out 4 times.....How lucky was that? Go to 'Club Info - Photo Gallery-Latest Pics' above.
* Broadbill fishing has been exciting out of the Hokianga over the past couple of weeks. A Northland fishing show guru came back in over the bar in the dark one morning with his partial catch after a Marko took the first bite then thought the boat was worth having a go at as well.....How greedy is that?
* Club member Mike Nola had a 3 minute spectacle just outside the entrance several weeks back. A juvenile Black Marlin desperately wanted to jump into his boat and put on a splendid display before he unhooked and swam away...WOW...
* The Nationals this year attracted a large number of boats to the Hokianga. Our area was fishable every day and it delighted both the locals and the visitors. An average of 40 boats crossed the Bar each day. The interclub gatherings at the clubrooms each night was a bonus. The Copthorne put on excellent $20 Fisho meals. Thank you Pip and Shane. Many of those visitors will be back again because of the hospitality they recieved. Our visitors took out some major prizes during the week.
* Ladies Day Fishing Contest PHOTO ALBUM --- Click onto Club Info -
Photo Gallery - Latest Pics above.
1st Marlin weighed for the season by Les Stewart (left) Angler Dave Clarkin (centre) and Skipper Mike Brenstrum (right). Awesome.....
Fishing is fun for this young Waimamaku lad at the Wild West Festival.
We are located in one of the most beautiful and pristine fishing grounds of New Zealand.
Fishing is possible all year round and a wide variety of species is out there waiting for you keen anglers.
Fish in the peaceful harbour or take on the Tasman Sea.
It's all here - seclusion, beauty, fresh air, comfortable accommodation, great eateries and plenty of fish!
Catch up with the locals at the Clubrooms
The Copthorne - Omapere - next to the boat ramp.
~~ Click on link below to view contest dates......