Welcome to the Hokianga Big Game and Sport Fishing Club website.
QUIT WISHING......GO FISHING..!!!
- Latest Newsletter.....Click here...
- 2016 Reel Fishing Comp Results..click Contests above
- Feb 2016...there are some very BIG feisty Striped Marlin off our coast. Conditions have been perfect..let's GO FISHING....
- Dillon Chamberlain's boat got really lucky - a double strike - 150kg + 156kg WOW....weighed at Dargaville.
- 2015-16 SUBSCRIPTION forms. Click here.....
Codie McIntyre on Phat Bastard, tagged and released this est 80kg Striped Marlin on the first morning of the Hokianga Reel Fising Comp and the NZFSC National's
Mike Brenstrum hooked these 5lb and 2.5lb Crayfish
whilst snapper fishing.......it's called a bycatch....
- John Pattinson with a nice Kingi caught off the Bluff...
- Les the Weigh Master and Marina our Vice President put in a lot of work to help make our 2015 Prizegiving at the Copthorne a wonderful night. Thank you Les, Marina and the rest of the A Team.
Skye was the overall winner of the Junior Contest - Congratulations Skye.
Dennis Barnes kindly donated this awesome Dolphin Trophy for the Junior Fishing Contest. He kindly presented all of the prizes on the foreshore and helped make it a very special event. Thank you Dennis.
Skye is a winner...she is a born fishergal and has made her whanau very proud.
All of the Junior contestants are the future of our fishing club. Well done.
Linda Pattinson is our Club Secretary/Treasurer and is pictured here holding the heaviest snapper for a lady angler this season. Well done Linda. What a beauty.
Daniel Boyd weighed in this massive 154.6kg stripy.
* Cookie Phillips signed his son-in-law up before their fishing trip and guess what??? they weighed in a 12.3kg snapper later that day. (27.12lbs) Congratulations Johnson off 'Specialist'.
That is going to take a lot to beat...
* BOAT INSURANCE - Through the NZ Fishing Council, Club Marine Insurance is making the following offer - Insure your boat with Club Marine and have 6% of the premium paid to your fishing club.
* Mike, a very keen land based fisherman from Kerikeri can be seen each week
on the breathtaking Opononi foreshore with his surfcaster.
We are located in one of the most beautiful and pristine fishing grounds of New Zealand.
Fishing is possible all year round and a wide variety of species is out there waiting for you keen anglers.
Fish in the peaceful harbour or take on the Tasman Sea.
It's all here - seclusion, beauty, fresh air, comfortable accommodation, great eateries and plenty of fish!
Catch up with the locals at the Clubrooms
The Copthorne - Omapere - next to the boat ramp.
~~ Click on link below to view contest dates......