Welcome to the Hokianga Big Game and Sport Fishing Club website.
* The Marlin are back.... water conditions are perfect and there have been a swag of hits, hook ups, boated and tagged. 3 weighed today-21.2.15
QUIT WISHING......GO FISHING..!!!
The first Marlin for the season has been landed by Paula Kitchen off Blue Fin.
Congratulations Paula, Mike and James. 95.8kg.
Bluefin is having an awesome season out of the Hokianga.
The very next day Daniel Boyd weighed in this massive 154.6kg stripy.
It is currently the heaviest weighed in NZ (as at 7th March 2015) for the 2015 season. Awesome.
* The first Broadbill for the year has been weighed in at the Hokianga, Friday 16th January 2015. 195kg off Illusion..Congratulations to Gary Whippy and Team.
* Cookie Phillips signed his son-in-law up before their fishing trip and guess what??? they weighed in a 12.3kg snapper later that day. (27.12lbs) Congratulations Johnson off 'Specialist'.
That is going to take a lot to beat...
* 13yr old Jack McIntyre is back in the action with a 116.6kg Stripy landed on the first day of our REEL FISHING COMP. Congratulations Jack. You've done it again.
* A huge Humpback Whale and acres of Dolphins with their young have been seen recently out of the Hokianga.
* BOAT INSURANCE - Through the NZ Fishing Council, Club Marine Insurance is making the following offer - Insure your boat with Club Marine and have 6% of the premium paid to your fishing club.
* Happy New Year and what a catch! Young Charlotte Sutton has been fishing with her Uncle Mike Brenstrum in Bluey.
* Bluey is back in touch with the snapper. Ethan & Charlotte caught their
first ever snappers and their smiles show how delighted they both are. Congratulations. A 4kg snapper would make most people smile.
* New club member, Daniel Green, weighed in his first Kingfish at 10.3kg. Well done Daniel. Hopefully a Marlin next time.
* Mike, a very keen land based fisherman from Kerikeri can be seen each week
on the breathtaking Opononi foreshore with his surfcasters.
Fishing is fun for this young Waimamaku lad at the Wild West Festival.
We are located in one of the most beautiful and pristine fishing grounds of New Zealand.
Fishing is possible all year round and a wide variety of species is out there waiting for you keen anglers.
Fish in the peaceful harbour or take on the Tasman Sea.
It's all here - seclusion, beauty, fresh air, comfortable accommodation, great eateries and plenty of fish!
Catch up with the locals at the Clubrooms
The Copthorne - Omapere - next to the boat ramp.
~~ Click on link below to view contest dates......