Welcome to the Hokianga Big Game and Sport Fishing Club website.
QUIT WISHING......GO FISHING..!!!
31st May 2015.......Really nice Snapper @ 40mts...Kingfish and even Mackerel were also caught......AND....a free jumping MARLIN @ 16.2* water temperature!!!!
* Reel Fishing Comp photos are in the Photo Gallery - click onto Club Info - Photo Gallery above...
* The Junior Fishing Contest at Opo - Photos - click onto Contests - Junior above....
Skye was the overall winner of the Junior Contest - Congratulations Skye.
Dennis Barnes kindly donated this awesome Dolphin Trophy for the Junior Fishing Contest. He kindly presented all of the prizes on the foreshore and helped make it a very special event. Thank you Dennis.
Skye is a winner...she is a born fishergal and has made her whanau very proud.
All of the Junior contestants are the future of our fishing club. Well done.
Linda Pattinson is our Club Secretary/Treasurer and is pictured here holding the heaviest snapper for a lady angler this season. Well done Linda. What a beauty.
The first Marlin for the season has been landed by Paula Kitchen off Blue Fin.
Congratulations Paula, Mike and James. 95.8kg.
Bluefin is having an awesome season out of the Hokianga.
The very next day Daniel Boyd weighed in this massive 154.6kg stripy.
It is currently the heaviest weighed in NZ (as at 27th March 2015) for the 2015 season. Awesome.
* The first Broadbill for the year has been weighed in at the Hokianga, Friday 16th January 2015. 195kg off Illusion..Congratulations to Gary Whippy and Team.
* Cookie Phillips signed his son-in-law up before their fishing trip and guess what??? they weighed in a 12.3kg snapper later that day. (27.12lbs) Congratulations Johnson off 'Specialist'.
That is going to take a lot to beat...
* 13yr old Jack McIntyre is back in the action with a 116.6kg Stripy landed on the first day of our REEL FISHING COMP. Congratulations Jack. You've done it again.
* An awesome photo of a recent Tag and Release Marlin from Devlin Hill on Tackle Box.
* A huge Humpback Whale and acres of Dolphins with their young have been seen recently out of the Hokianga.
* BOAT INSURANCE - Through the NZ Fishing Council, Club Marine Insurance is making the following offer - Insure your boat with Club Marine and have 6% of the premium paid to your fishing club.
* Happy New Year and what a catch! Young Charlotte Sutton has been fishing with her Uncle Mike Brenstrum in Bluey.
* New club member, Daniel Green, weighed in his first Kingfish at 10.3kg. Well done Daniel. Hopefully a Marlin next time.
* Mike, a very keen land based fisherman from Kerikeri can be seen each week
on the breathtaking Opononi foreshore with his surfcasters.
The Club promotes its activities at the annual Waimamaku Wild West Festival.
Fishing for chocolate fish is an attraction for everyone and it is certainly a fun day out.
We are located in one of the most beautiful and pristine fishing grounds of New Zealand.
Fishing is possible all year round and a wide variety of species is out there waiting for you keen anglers.
Fish in the peaceful harbour or take on the Tasman Sea.
It's all here - seclusion, beauty, fresh air, comfortable accommodation, great eateries and plenty of fish!
Catch up with the locals at the Clubrooms
The Copthorne - Omapere - next to the boat ramp.
~~ Click on link below to view contest dates......