Welcome to the Hokianga Big Game and Sport Fishing Club website.
QUIT WISHING......GO FISHING..!!!
- 2016 Reel Fishing Comp ENTRY FORM... Click here....
- Feb 2016...there are some very BIG feisty Striped Marlin off our coast. Conditions have been perfect..let's GO FISHING....
- Dillon Chamberlain's boat got really lucky - a double strike - 150kg + 156kg WOW....weighed at Dargaville.
- Newsletter November 2015 Click here.....
- 2015-16 SUBSCRIPTION forms. Click here.....
Jack (junior member) and his Dad Ian McIntyre with their 7kg snappers...
- John Pattinson with a nice Kingi caught off the Bluff...
* This nice 2.3kg Golden Snapper was caught by Mike Brenstrum off Bluey......
- Kiri Nield from Opara on the Hokianga Harbour has joined the Land Based Fishers and is off to a very good start. Well done Kiri.
- Paula Kitchen's first ever fish was a beauty! The first Striped Marlin of the season and the first Striped Marlin caught by a Lady Angler. Awesome effort Paula.
- Les the Weigh Master and Marina our Vice President put in a lot of work to help make our 2015 Prizegiving at the Copthorne a wonderful night. Thank you Les, Marina and the rest of the A Team.
- Linda Pattinson has set up an early challenge for the new season with this lovely 23.3kg Kingi. Nice catch Linda.
Skye was the overall winner of the Junior Contest - Congratulations Skye.
Dennis Barnes kindly donated this awesome Dolphin Trophy for the Junior Fishing Contest. He kindly presented all of the prizes on the foreshore and helped make it a very special event. Thank you Dennis.
Skye is a winner...she is a born fishergal and has made her whanau very proud.
All of the Junior contestants are the future of our fishing club. Well done.
Linda Pattinson is our Club Secretary/Treasurer and is pictured here holding the heaviest snapper for a lady angler this season. Well done Linda. What a beauty.
The first Marlin for the season has been landed by Paula Kitchen off Blue Fin.
Congratulations Paula, Mike and James. 95.8kg.
Bluefin is having an awesome season out of the Hokianga.
The very next day Daniel Boyd weighed in this massive 154.6kg stripy.
It is currently the heaviest weighed in NZ (as at 27th March 2015) for the 2015 season. Awesome.
* The first Broadbill for the year has been weighed in at the Hokianga, Friday 16th January 2015. 195kg off Illusion..Congratulations to Gary Whippy and Team.
* Cookie Phillips signed his son-in-law up before their fishing trip and guess what??? they weighed in a 12.3kg snapper later that day. (27.12lbs) Congratulations Johnson off 'Specialist'.
That is going to take a lot to beat...
* 13yr old Jack McIntyre is back in the action with a 116.6kg Stripy landed on the first day of our REEL FISHING COMP. Congratulations Jack. You've done it again.
* An awesome photo of a recent Tag and Release Marlin from Devlin Hill on Tackle Box.
* BOAT INSURANCE - Through the NZ Fishing Council, Club Marine Insurance is making the following offer - Insure your boat with Club Marine and have 6% of the premium paid to your fishing club.
* New club member, Daniel Green, weighed in his first Kingfish at 10.3kg. Well done Daniel. Hopefully a Marlin next time.
* Mike, a very keen land based fisherman from Kerikeri can be seen each week
on the breathtaking Opononi foreshore with his surfcasters.
The Club promotes its activities at the annual Waimamaku Wild West Festival.
Fishing for chocolate fish is an attraction for everyone and it is certainly a fun day out.
We are located in one of the most beautiful and pristine fishing grounds of New Zealand.
Fishing is possible all year round and a wide variety of species is out there waiting for you keen anglers.
Fish in the peaceful harbour or take on the Tasman Sea.
It's all here - seclusion, beauty, fresh air, comfortable accommodation, great eateries and plenty of fish!
Catch up with the locals at the Clubrooms
The Copthorne - Omapere - next to the boat ramp.
~~ Click on link below to view contest dates......